ExtraCourse is the NO.1 SAP UI5/FIORI/ODATA training institute offering the best SAP training in Hyderabad, expert guidance and 100% placement assistance..
- SAP Fiori apps use OData to display and update data in back-end server (SAP or Non-SAP).
- OData (Open Data Protocol) is a standardized protocol for creating and consuming data APIs.
- OData builds on core protocols like HTTP and commonly accepted methodologies like REST.
- Odata supports message formats like JSON, XML.
- OData provides definitions for:
- Simple Types
- Complex Types
- Associations between entries
- Navigation Paths between entries
- Custom behavior (known as function imports) beyond the standard QUERY, CREATE, READ, UPDATE, DELETE (QCRUD) operations
- Here we see how to create a Odata-Service which consumes RFC of SAP-R3 (Back-end) server.
- This is a example of business scenario where we need to display/update data of SAP-R3 (Back-end) server in SAP UI5 Application.
- SAP UI5 Applcation consumes Odata-Service which in-turn consumes RFC of SAP-R3.
Training & Workshop
SAP - UI5/FIORI/ODATA Course Content
- Overview of SAP Ui5
- Difference between Webdynpro and ui5
- Disadvantages of the Previous Technologies
- Advantages of Sapui5 and how it overcomes the disadvantages of previous technologies
- Architecture of SAP UI5
- Understanding each layer of MVC model
- Overview about WEBIDE
- Advantages of SAP WEBIDE
- Creating an Account in HANA cloud.
- Accessing the WEBIDE using the url.
- Exercise on Creating a Sample project using WEBIDE
- Creating the Project
- Understanding index.html,Shell, Component and manifest.jsonfiles.
- Understanding the App.view and sap.m.App
- Detail explanation on Routing
- Loading the views using routing
- Exercise on Creating a sample views and understanding the complete flow
- Creating a view
- Understanding the view’s Controller
- Understanding the Controller’s Hook methods
- Clear understanding on init, on Before rendering , on after rendering and on Exit
- Exercise on Creating a sample view and Implementing controller methods
- Working with different properties of basic UI elements
- Dynamically changing the properties of the UI elements
- Exercise on Dynamically changing the properties of the UI elements
- Over view on navigation
- Recap on Routing
- Creating Two views for the navigation
- Configuring the Routes and Targets for the views in manifest.json
- Navigate from one page to other using routing
- Navigate from one page to other using URL Pattern
- Exercise on Navigation between the pages
- What is a Layout
- Various Layouts in SAP UI5
- Working with Simple form layout , Matrix layout , Grid Layouts
- Working with HBOX, VBOX, Flexbox
- Working with Panel , Icon tab bar
- Working with Object Header
- Displaying the form using 2 column and 4 columns design.
- Exercise on Creating a Form Using various layouts
- Types of Validation
- Exercise on Mandatory data validation
- Exercise on valid data validation (like.. email, phone number , pin code)
- Exercise on Showing red color input field and error messages
- Various types of Messages in SAP UI5
- Showing Error, SUCCESS, Warning , Information Messages
- Exercise on Showing various messages in SPA UI5
- JSON Model
- OData Model
- Resource Model
- Working with all Models and understand when to use which model.
- Understanding the Binding Concept
- Various types of Binding
- Property Binding
- Aggregation Binding
- Element Binding
- Exercise on Binding the UI elements with bothJSON and ODataModels
- Different ways of passing data from one view to other
- Passing the data using json Model
- Passing data using Model + binding concept
- Passing data using Router with parameter
- Passing data using element binding concept
- Exercise on Passing data from one view to other in various ways
- Overview on different Categories of UI elements like (simple , value holders , complex , layouts, dialog etc ..)
- Reading data and setting data from and to the UI elements
- Working with drop downs , combo box, multi combo box
- Working with radio buttons , check box and value help (F4 help)
- Working with Tables and List Ui elements
Practical Exercise on all these UI elements
- Introduction to Fragments
- Using Fragments for Popup dialogs using dialog UI element
- Implementing F4 help functionality using Fragments
- Exercise on PopupDialogs
- Creating OData project using SEGW T code
- Importing the fields from DDIC
- Mapping the CRUD operations to corresponding Function modules
- Implementing CRUD operations using DPC extension classes
- Generating the service
- Testing the service using entity sets and URI conventions
- Creating OData Model to communicate with OData service
- Pulling and submitting data with Backend system using OData service
- Performing the CRUD Operations(create, read, update, delete)
- Exercise on CRUD operations using OData service